Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mayberry

This afternoon I had a Mayberry moment.  I really love, I mean REALLY love our culdesac.  I know, everyone raves about living on a culdesac, and I never got it before.  The house we picked here in Lexington just happens to be on one, and I didn't think too much about it until Ben got big enough to want to ride on things.  I love that the two wild things can be out there and I don't have to worry.



But I digress-back to Mayberry.  This afternoon, the boys and I were on the front porch (wrap around of course, in true southern style) shucking some corn-I mean, really-who could make this stuff up?  Then we went down and were playing with bubbles.  My neighbor called and asked to borrow some sugar (I'm not kidding), she sent her sweet daughter over with her measuring cup.  They were baking strawberry pies for their 2 younger children's teachers.  Then another culdesac neighbor pulled out of his driveway, rolls down his window, and shouts "Hey Gang".  It all just seemed very Disney movie, without all the scary violence and single parenthood.  We topped it off when I needed to borrow some Parmesan from the sugar neighbor, and she actually came out to meet me halfway in the cutest apron. 

Hello, 1950's-why was I not lucky enough to know you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wiser ones than me say.....