Saturday, April 3, 2010

Craftiness






Sometimes I find myself being a little crafty-but just sometimes. And that is when I'm not making myself crazy, not being able to figure out something crafty. Yesterday I decided to make the boys some little pj outfits for their Easter baskets (I know, High Holy Holiday+pj's=FAIL-but they are also getting a nice Bible storybook).

It took me HOURS to figure out how to get these suckers sewn together. To read a map, I pretty much have to step into it like Joey on Friends-that is how spatially challenged I am. So far, that is the hardest part of sewing for this beginner, knowing which way to flip things when they are backwards and inside out, to make them come out right eventually.



















And here are some shirts I made for the wild ones a few weeks ago. I did freezer paper stencils and fabric paint. So easy and cute. (If you have a little one with a birthday coming up, look away, one might be coming your way.) This picture is from Easter Egg Hunt #1 this year. I think we'll end up at a grand total of 5-which I find CRAZY! Ben and Nate are with their great good friend, Allie-whose mom Kristen is a great good friend of mine.






I have some pictures of some other things I have made or re-made. I'll post some now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wiser ones than me say.....