Friday, January 28, 2011

The artist

As you all know, I do not have an artistic bone in my whole body-well, maybe one little one that helps me pick fabrics that will look really good together-but other than that-not a one.

Gil, on the other hand, is really very artistic.  He still has an art portfolio from a high school class and the stuff is really good.  Around here, the boys benefit from this skill.  He will draw pictures for them to color and just to be silly-he is good.

I wanted to share a few things he has done for them beyond pencil and paper.

Around Ben's second birthday, Gil decided he wanted to paint a picture on Ben's wall.  He chose a scene from the book Click, Clack, Moo.  I was skeptical at first, even though I knew he would do a good job-there is just something scary about drawing and painting on the walls.  I offered to find him a projector to use, but he wanted to free hand. 

Here is the wall above Ben's bed.  This was taken a few years ago, before Batman decals covered the walls, and when he still had his twin bed, that you will see in a few pictures in Nate's room.



Next up, a little bookshelf in Ben's room.  It was an ugly little thing that used to live in my classroom.  We have a lot of books around here and I don't have a great place to put them.  I feel like putting them in a bookshelf like this makes it hard to see them, but any way you display the covers just takes up too much space. 

Ben's SC bookshelf.




And Gil's latest is for Nate.  His favorite books are the Maisy books by Lucy Cousins.  He doesn't want any other books, just Maisy-over and over.  We get new ones each week from the library, but there are only so many.  We are close to memorizing them. 

So, this is over Nate's bed right now and he loves it.





Nate just walked up and asked how his bed got on the computer.  Guess that's my cue to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wiser ones than me say.....