Sunday, June 6, 2010

What was I thinking?

This should just be an ongoing series.  There are several times a week (maybe a day) that I ask myself, "What was I thinking?" 

Today's instance occurred around 2:15.  I had a tennis match at 2:00 and about 15 minutes into it I asked myself the famous question.  The thermometer on the car on the way over said 94 degrees.  Well, that's hot.  The first few sets were fine.  I felt sort of evenly matched to my opponent.  But then, THE HEAT.  It sort of hit me and my arms and legs gained 38 pounds each.  My shoes began to melt into the ground-and it all went downhill.

All of a sudden, there was a lot of activity from the court behind us, but oddly nobody was playing.  A poor woman was suffering horribly from the heat.  I guess she began by thowing up (which I had sort of considered at one point, even so far as planning where to do it to be as polite as possible).  The group consensus was that she was experiencing heat exhaustion.  Not sure what exactly it was called, but she was taken away in an ambulance.




So, today's "What was Amanda thinking" was brought to you by extreme heat and tennis stupidity.

Sally, glad to have shared this miserable experience with you-looking forward to many more sweat filled Sundays this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wiser ones than me say.....