Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Goodbye old friend



It was bound to happen, Black Batman should have known better than to ever leave our house.  Try as we might, it was just not worth the fight to keep Batman in the house.  Last weekend was a tough one for him, on the way back from the football game, his helmet got lost at Starbucks-rolled under a table and could not be retrieved.  Then he lost another helmet in the backyard-oh well.  The accessories did not make the man.

The zoo today finally did him in.  I think he was swept up in the excitement of feeding the goats.  He might have even been dropped on the ground on one of the many occassions Nate would get up his nerve to actually try to feed the goat before squealing and throwing the pellets at the goat while running away.  (Note to self, the goats are fairly aggressive at 9:00 in the morning before they have been fed all day long).  I'm not really sure when it happened, but it might have even been a little bit my fault.  I think I remember Nate handing me Black Batman and his sunglasses at one point, and now only the sunglasses remain.

It happened at a good time, though.  We are heading out to Charleston this afternoon and won't be back for a few days.  The change of scenery might lessen the blow.  Nate is actually taking it pretty well with minimal tears shed.  Don't tell Black Batman's ghost, but he has already been a little bit replaced by Freeze Batman-I'd take a picture, but Nate has him in a death grip while he is taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wiser ones than me say.....