Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day





No big mushy post from me today, even though I happen to know the world's best dad pretty well.  I have two little boys that are lucky to also know him well. 


Gil is the best dad-and I'm not kidding, I think he really is the best.  I probably should have gotten him a coffee cup like Micheal Scott's, but then it would have seemed like a joke.

When Gil walks in the door after work,  I am forgotten.  Those little boys attack him and do not leave him alone until their heads hit the pillow.  The love to do anything with him, from getting the mail, to playing Bull and wrestling.  Lately science experiments have been added into the rotation, thanks to a book I had in the attic in my teaching stuff.

As a mom, I feel so lucky to be a part of a generation that has a lot of very involved dads.  Gil did not shy away from any of the newborn duties (like changing diapers) that dads of the past did not help with, and he has always been right in the trenches throughout all of the stages-from sleepless nights, to potty training.

These little boys will have such good memories of their very involved dad, and that is priceless!



With Ben at the hospital (like the coordinating blanket and shirt?)



Ben at a year old.




Nate at 2 months old.



After Nate's Baptism (look at those fat rolls-yum)


Daddy in action (I don't know how his back does this-over and over and over again)



Snow!




Happy Father's Day Gil!


And Happy Father's Day to our great Grandpa's!
Happy Day to Bully and Jimbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wiser ones than me say.....